We look forward to welcoming you to our special event tomorrow evening
at St Mary’s Heritage Centre NE8 2AU, combining our love of engaging, live, personally communicated beautiful music; grounding, expanding yoga and being able to truly switch off and relax and listen.
St Mary’s Heritage Centre
Newcastle upon Tyne
We look forward to sharing the evening with you.
Annie will be playing:
A Chopin Nocturne
Island Spell by John Ireland
D’un Jardin Claire by Lilli Boulanger
Gymnopodie Number 3 by satie
Le Coucou au fond des bois by Saints-saëns
WHAT TO BRING WITH YOU:
WEAR LOOSE EASY TO MOVE IN CLOTHING (OR PJS!), LAYERS WORK WELL.
BRING YOUR YOGA MAT AND KIT AND MAYBE A CUSHION OR PILLOW FOR UNDER YOUR HEAD AND KNEES. BLANKETS AND LAYERS ARE NICE AND EYE PILLOWS IF YOU HAVE THEM.
New Block of delish Yoga Classes with Samantha Coe – yoga for yoga professionals and newbies alike. Wednesdays 2pm and 6.45pm.
9 week yoga classes starting May 1st 2019 time to book your place St Mary’s Heritage Centre, next to the Tyne Bridge and the Sage.
Practicing yoga regularly is so good for you……Research shows that people who engage in hobbies such as yoga and breath work recover quicker from infection. Laughter therapy balances the immune system and supports our NK cells.
2pm -3.15pm at St Mary’s Heritage Centre (9 week course Wednesday afternoons starting May 1st no class half term 29th May) £67.50 (concession £58.50)
6.45pm – 8.15pm at St Mary’s Heritage Centre (9 week course Wednesday evenings starting May 1st no class half term 29th May) £67.50 (concession £58.50)
Email me firstname.lastname@example.org to book on this block, private yoga, workplace yoga, retreats and workshops.
Benefits for you: the most beautiful peaceful large space, easy free parking, heated floor, great teacher ….
Who is coming to the yoga with live concert pianist workshop April 3rd 6.45pm – 8.45pm – 6 places remaining.
How can I help you today?
There are many ways to change your state:
Need a pick me up! Extra yoga class tonight – you might be feeling like you could do with it. Feel free to come along as a drop – in. I am covering Alan Ross’s lovely yoga class at Trinity Methodist Church tonight at 6.30-8pm. Relax and release any built up tension, reconnect to your fluidity.
Remember to book your place for St Mary’s, we start back 10th January.
New Year Yoga Workshop Saturday 6th of January 10.00 – 12 midday. Contact me to book your place £18.
If you are looking for a yoga Christmas present – how about a private yoga class (vouchers provided) or the yoga retreats at Minsteracres March 9th-11th 2018 and September 28-30th 2018 which are always incredibly special weekends.
Half term is done and yoga is on again at St Mary’s this week March 1st 2pm- 3.15pm and 6.45- 8.15pm. (I will start yoga at Maggie’s Newcastle March 7th 12.30-1.30 and the Marriott next week ie March 8th 11am). Any help with lifts for me – greatly received!
I had my operation to remove the big metal rod in my leg last week and I am relieved the week over. I am not greatly mobile yet but I have had joy and a laugh making it to my yoga mat twice so far! About to go there for practice number 3. I am making like a 1970s spider man stunt man.
The dog cheers me on every step I make on my crutches.
Gillian is teaching this week at St Mary’s for me as your guest teacher of honour. Give her help and kindness as she won’t know the building.
I hope to make it to a class tomorrow and show you all the pillow post op version of yoga. If you can breathe, you can adapt and always do your yoga – just make it a personal practice. I again thank goodness for the healing power of yoga. It is such a great way to help your body recover and strengthen and your worry ease. Physio is super and is so much more interesting eased into a gentle yoga practice. My yoga has helped me so much through this last year. I hope you all feel the same way.
See if you can remember your mats, as I doubt I will be carrying for you this week or next! Dona may stick a few spares into her car. Thanks Dona for the lift tomorrow!
Looking forward to seeing you all and leaving my home based yoga nest.
Anyone hear snoring ? ….. wasn’t me! Honest. Although on that heated floor with the beautiful ceiling and cosseting it could easily have been any of us.
Isn’t yoga at St Mary’s Heritage Centre so blissful, peaceful and restful?
Classes are at 2pm – 3.15pm and 6.45pm – 8.15pm
St Mary’s Heritage Centre, Oakwellgate, Gateshead, Tyne and Wear, NE8 2A between the Sage Gateshead and The Tyne Bridge.
There is an honesty box tea trolley and time to arrive and ask me questions before each class.
Welcome to all our new people and a delightful re-connect with our regular practitioners. Great to see you.
Remember this class is for you. Just as you are. Do let me know if you have any special needs, requests, injuries or changes you would appreciate seeing. Do reflect on why you do your yoga and them I can assist you to achieve what you are hoping for.
Some thoughts to help our yoga classes along….
1) Do consider lift sharing with your yoga buddies. Anyone wanting to offer a lift can let me know and I will see if I can connect you.
2) If you came as a drop -in and now wish to switch to the block, do get in touch to pay electronically or bring the cash or cheque next week please.
3) St Mary’s is a beautiful venue that of course costs me a lot to hire. So I do need larger numbers to make it possible than when we were at Gateshead Old Town Hall. Do spread the word.
4) I am still getting to know you all. If you are on the edges and what more of my attention do come nearer to me and swop positions about. I will walk around but I don’t want to make people always wonder where I am!
5) Do consider one or a few private yoga classes with me. These are real investment and treat for your body and mind. You can have a 1 2 1 or share with you pals. That way I can check your individual needs and help you to move from the inside out, to work with your alignment and posture. Yoga is a lifetime practice, so we all have new things to learn and experience no matter how seasoned a practitioner we are.
4) Kit – you need a blanket, a couple of blocks, an eyebag if you like them and a mat of course. Please bring your own kit if you can as thats easier than me carrying everyones. However anyone cycling gets to certainly borrow my kit and brownie points for being green! I will always have a few spare if you ware coming straight fro work etc
5) Practice at home – 5 mins is enough you know. Home practice doesn’t have to be an hour and half. Start small.
6) Consider coming on a yoga retreat with me. They give you a chance to nurture yourself, away from life’s demands. I have a retreat in March 31st-2nd April, September 22nd-24th and November 10-12th.
Self care is really important. Sometimes the gentle yoga practices are so more powerful than you think.
Breathe well, rest well, move well and see you all on Wednesday.